There are several options for making blueberries more bioavailable:
• Add nuts or seeds: Adding a source of healthy fats, such as nuts or seeds, can help increase the absorption of nutrients from blueberries. Some options include almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, or flax seeds.
• Add avocado or olive oil: While it is true that some vegans avoid consuming oils, adding a small amount of avocado or olive oil can also help increase the bioavailability of nutrients from blueberries.
• Pair with leafy greens: Leafy greens, such as spinach or kale, contain high levels of vitamin K, which can help increase the absorption of nutrients from blueberries.
• Add a source of vitamin C: Vitamin C can help increase the absorption of nutrients from blueberries, so pairing them with a source of vitamin C, such as citrus fruit or bell peppers, can be beneficial.
• Eat blueberries with a protein source: Pairing blueberries with a protein source, such as tofu or tempeh, can also help increase their bioavailability.